Last Updated on
Top 10 Best Electric Log Burners
- Warmlite Bath (Editor’s Choice)
- BeModern Stanton Eco Natural Oak (Luxury Choice)
- NETTA Stove Heater (Best Value)
- Dimplex Brayford 2KW
- Dimplex Gosford Optimyst (Best Realistic)
- HOMCOM Free-standing (Best Vintage Look)
- VonHaus 1850W Black
- Dimplex Club 2000 Watt
- Warmlite Stirling 2 KW (Best Compact)
- NETTA 2000W (Best Eco Friendly)
There’s nothing quite like warming up in front of a roaring fire after a cold winter’s day, but while real open fireplaces are aesthetically pleasing, they aren’t always practical for modern homes. Electric fireplaces are a safer alternative that still provides the warmth and cosiness of a real fire but without any hassle or risk.
There are many reasons to opt for the best electric log burner over the real deal, but one of the main reasons for choosing a modern equivalent is that you can adjust the temperature easier. With a real log burner, once the room is heated, you can’t then turn it down to a more comfortable level. However, with an electric version, you can.
Many electric log burners have an in-built thermostat that maintains your ideal temperature and controls the heat of the room without you constantly getting up to adjust the settings. Also, with many models having a pre-set option, you can even set fire to come on ready for your return from work each day without having to walk into a cold house and wait for it to come to temperature.
The real appeal of an electric log burner for many people is the safety aspect, particularly for families with children or pets running around. An electric log burner doesn’t carry any risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, coal dust inhalation or pollution of the air in your home, and there’s an in-built cut-off feature with many models. Hence, there’s no risk of it overheating. If this sounds like something you would benefit from, we have found ten excellent electric log burners for your home below!
How We Compared Electric Log Burners
To find the right electric log burners we considered multiple factors, including:
- Heat output
- Energy efficiency
- Extra features
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching electric log burners and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Electric Log Burner Reviews
The Warmlite Bath Log Effect Electric Stove looks fantastic and is our pick for the best electric log burner. It has a traditional cast-iron effect design and a large curved viewing window so you can watch the pleasing glow effect of the logs.
The simple, free-standing design is also appealing, and its compact size means it could fit comfortably in any fireplace. This stove also requires minimum assembly, and you should be able to have it installed and working in no time at all.
Lastly, it also has some great features that make it easy and safe to use. This includes an overheat protection feature and an adjustable thermostat. A minor downside is that the instructions may not be the clearest to understand.
- Curved design with a large panoramic viewing window
- Excellent 1800W heating output
- It has a fully adjustable thermostat for great temperature control
- Safety features to prevent the stove from overheating
- Compact and free-standing design
- The instructions may be a little difficult to interpret
- It may not be the quietest of stoves
The BeModern Stanton Eco Electric Fireplace has a stylish and refined finish, with sleek lines and a modern chrome trim that would make it a great feature in any household.
As the name suggests, this eco-friendly fire is designed for energy-efficient use and can be used either for warming up the room or as a decorative light feature. This adds atmosphere to the space without the need for a chimney or the mess associated with real fires.
It’s a cost-effective model that can be adjusted easily with thermostatic control for the perfect temperature and is hassle-free to install. This fireplace is a great addition to any room in the house, fusing classic elegance with modern touches and effectively providing plenty of warmth and ambience. For other great home items, check out our recliner chair picks for a perfect fire-side seat.
- A choice of natural oak or almond stone effect
- It has a chrome trim with a glowing log bed feature
- It gives the option of just having the decorative flame effect without any heat.
- The joints may open up when fire gets hot but closes back when it cools down
- Some may think that it could be better if it comes with a remote control
The NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater is a great affordable option that still has a good set of features and utility. It has a traditional cast-iron effect design but is made from plastic, making it lightweight and easy to move.
At the front, there is a large viewing window and traditional coal drawer that look fantastic. This is complemented by the realistic flame effect that will give any living room character a cosy feel. It is also free-standing, so it can be tucked away on a fireplace hearth.
We also like that it has two power modes – a 1000W eco-friendly mode or a 1900W full-power mode for more effective heating. One small drawback is that you could notice a slight plastic smell when you first get the stove heater.
- Made from lightweight plastic materials for easy transportation
- Simple but elegant flame effect
- Has an eco-friendly option to reduce energy bills
- It also has a built-in thermal cut-off device
- Stylish cast-iron effect design
- You could notice a plastic smell on delivery
- Some may find the legs difficult to fix to the base
- This could be quite noisy when the heating element is switched on
Traditional in style, the Dimplex Brayford electric stove is a great alternative to the traditional wood-burning stove, with a choice of heat settings and a realistic moving flame effect. This can be set with or without heat, giving you the option to use it all year round.
The Brayford comes with a remote control for convenience, so you can switch it on and off from a distance. Because it is electric, there are no installation costs to worry about. It has a compact size so that it will fit easily in any room of the house – all you need to do is plug it in, and it’s ready to use.
This fantastic electric stove is also easy to use and low maintenance, making it an ideal choice for any home. Consider a stove fan to go atop your electric log burner for more efficiency in spreading heat.
- 2kW heat output with two heat setting options
- Log effect fuel bed
- It has a flame only setting for an ambient glow without the heat output.
- Some may find that the exterior paint layer eventually peels
- You could notice a humming noise when it is switched on
An impressive stove with a realistic flame effect, the Dimplex Opti-Myst gives a realistic feel without the hassle of a real log burner. The design is based on traditional log burners but with all of the flexibility of modern technology.
The Opti-Myst has a water tank that creates a fine water mist that combines with the glow of the flames for a realistic smoky look while still being completely safe to touch. It has thermostatic control and half or full-heat options for versatility.
It’s a great buy for anyone seeking the comfort and warmth of a real wood-burning stove but without any of the mess or installation stress. It can be used anywhere in the home, from the lounge and dining room to the bedroom, conservatory or study, to add extra warmth during the colder months. Read our favourite 32 inch TV guide for other great home items for your redesign.
- 3D ‘Opti-Myst’ fire effect provides a warming glow
- The adjustable thermostat delivers optimal control
- It comes with a remote control so it can be switched on or off from a distance
- The fan heater may make a noticeable noise
- You could find that the thermostat is tricky to use
The HOMCOM Free-standing Electric Fireplace has been designed to provide the feel and glow of a real fireplace without the mess or cost. It’s made from iron and tempered glass, with a compact design that will fit into any home – small or large.
The HOMCOM also has a thermostat to ensure a steady and comfortable temperature, as well as controls so you can set the temperature to whatever you’re happy with. There’s a cut-off safety feature for peace of mind, as well as a vintage appearance that will complement any style of décor.
The adjustable brightness control means you can set the glow to whatever you’re most comfortable with and to a setting that suits the mood. The fireplace requires some minimal assembly, but it’s easy to put together, so you can enjoy the benefits in just a short space of time.
- Free-standing fireplace with the feel of a real wood-burning stove
- Has temperature controls and a thermostat
- Two levels of power – 950W and 1850W
- Some people have noted dents on delivery
- You could find the legs tricky to attach to the base
Practical and stylish, the VonHaus Electric Stove has a classic design with a large window display and bronze-effect handles. This electric log burner has two heat settings and an adjustable thermostat, so you can set it to any temperature you’re comfortable with.
The LED log fire effect makes this a brilliant feature in any room and gives off a warming glow that can be switched on without the heat if you just want to create a warm atmosphere.
With the VonHaus electric stove heater, you’re in complete control of each aspect, so it’s convenient and a stunning focal point in your home too. What’s more, there’s no installation to worry about, so all you have to decide is where to put it for the maximum benefit.
- Two heat settings – 925W or 1850W
- Realistic flame effect without the risks of a real fire
- It has a thermal cut-off feature for added safety
- You could find that it blows cold air when the heating elements are switched off
- It may not be the quietest of stove heaters
The Dimplex Club Electric Stove is one of the few models that come with remote control. Although you may find it tricky to use at first, once you get used to the remote, it makes changing the settings and using the stove that much easier.
The cast-iron effect style is simple but elegant, and it has a decorative front viewing window. We also like that you can use the flame effects when the heating element is not switched on.
Also, the flame effect gives off the effect of dying embers, which adds an extra layer of immersion and realism to the stove.
- It has an optiflame log burning effect with realistic dying embers
- You can choose from 2 heat settings
- It also has a remote control for easy operation
- The flame effect can be used separately from the heater
- Simple and elegant design
- You could find dents in the casing on delivery
- The remote control may not be the most intuitive to use
If you have a smaller hearth or area where you want a fire, the Warmlite Stirling 2 KW Compact Electric Stove is a great compact option.
Despite its smaller size, it still has a powerful heating element and has two settings – 1000W eco and 2000W. You can also easily change the settings via the simple thermostat.
The built-in safety features are also great for peace of mind, although you may notice that this electric log burner is quite noisy.
- Can change between two heat settings of 1000W or 2000W
- It has an easy-to-use adjustable thermostat
- LED log flame effect
- It also has a cut-off safety feature to prevent overheating
- Free-standing design with cast-iron effect finish
- You may find that the flame effect could eventually stop working
- It could be quite loud when the heating is switched on
A beautifully designed freestanding heater, the NETTA Electric Fireplace has bronze-effect handles, a black finish and a large window display for a classic look that will work well in any living or dining room.
The heater has a realistic flame effect provided by LED lights to give the illusion of real logs burning and also has two heat settings for optimal comfort.
There’s the option to dim the flames and adjust the brightness if you want a softer glow, as well as a compact design that makes it suitable for practically any sized home to add a touch of elegance and practicality.
- 1000W or 2000W heat settings
- Realistic log flame effect that can be dimmed if need be
- Safety thermal cut-off capability
- You could find this stove to be quite noisy
- Some installation is required for the legs
An electric stove can make a huge difference to any living room or dining room. Indeed, any of the ten models we have listed would add character and warmth to your home. However, our choice for the best electric log burner is the Warmlite Bath Log Effect Electric Stove.
This electric log burner has it all. It looks great with a traditional cast-iron effect design but is also highly functional. This includes an adjustable thermostat, a realistic LED flame effect, and an overheating protection feature.
Paul is the type of person who never met a problem he couldn’t fix. He can always be found tinkering with something in his house, even if it isn’t broken! His tips and tricks are often shared on our site. He’s the one you call when something breaks because he has been known to improvise fixes for everything from leaky faucets to malfunctioning dryers.