Last Updated on
Top 10 Best Recliner Chairs
- Oriental Leather Co. The Mandalay (Editor’s Choice)
- Morris Living Store Premium (Luxury Choice)
- More4Homes Madison Electric (Best Value)
- More4Homes Caesar 10-in-1
- Yaheetech Single PU Leather
- More4Homes Madison Manual
- More4Homes Windsor Electric
- Julian Bowen Malmo
- Morris Living Oxford Riser
- Unionline Raise
The best recliner chairs UK consumers can get their hands on are an excellent tool for relaxation and comfort. More than just a smart investment into interior design, a good recliner chair can help you tackle joint and back pain, take the pressure off your spine, and so much more.
Reclining chairs allow for maximum comfort after a hard day of work or when you want to make the most of a day at home. You won’t have to worry about pains and aches disrupting your lazy day, even when sitting for long periods. Today’s recliner chairs come in a range of styles. You might choose a chair with an attached footstool you can adjust as you recline, or you might pick a recliner with a separate footstool (ideal for taller people with long legs).
Today, we’re going to explore some of the best recliner chairs on the market and what makes them so appealing to today’s customers.
How we Compared Recliner Chairs
To find the right recliner chairs we considered multiple factors, including:
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching recliner chairs and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Recliner Chair Reviews
The Mandalay is a sleek, attractive, and comfortable reclining chair designed to give you complete control over your levels of relaxation. This beautiful chair comes with bonded grade leather in a range of colours and an attractive circular base – perfect for modern homes. No matter the style of your home, you’re sure to find a place for this chair.
The Mandalay design chair from Oriental Leather comes with authentic, high-grade bonded leather. This means you can rest assured your chair won’t split or lose its aesthetic appeal over time. The reclining action is tension-adjustable, so as you lean back, the chair will naturally adjust to the shape and position of your body.
Aside from looking beautiful, the rounded base of the chair also serves the purpose of offering 360-degree rotation, so you can spin to face people as you talk. This chair is great for someone who wants a good-looking leather chair with sensational performance and excellent durability. The matching footstool also means you can position your feet exactly where you need them.
- Attractive rounded base
- Available in a range of three colours
- High-grade bonded leather finish
- Easy manual reclining
- Good for people with longer legs
- May not be suitable if you want a locking feature on your chair
- May lose some of its stability over time
Available in a selection of 5 colours, the Morris Living store premium swivel recliner and footstool will look great in any home and office. The Morris Premium chair offers 360-degree rotation and a patented rolling headrest, so you can easily sit back and enjoy the comfort for as long as you like. The wood base is round, giving perfect balance and a smooth 360-degree swivel.
Everything about this chair is designed to make you as comfortable as possible. The patented rolling headrest automatically moves to give you full support in any position. While you can’t lock your recline motion into position, it’s relatively easy to manually adjust your chair to the position that works for you. There’s a tension-adjustable setting so you can loosen the recline movement when necessary, too.
This product doesn’t take up quite as much room as some of the armchair recliners on our list. Overall, it looks very stylish and feels premium quality, so you won’t mind showing it off to visitors. The separate footstool is great for taller people with longer legs too.
- Full control over your reclining position
- Adjustable tension reclining
- Stylish genuine leather
- Range of colour options to choose from
- Patented rolling headrest
- May not be suitable for those who want to lock their chair position
- Can cause some discomfort after long-term sitting
Electric reclining chairs can offer a little more control when you need to lock the position of your chair from time to time. These chairs are also a little more flexible, sometimes capable of moving both forwards and backwards. The Madison electric chair comes with a single motor mechanism and a sleek bonded leather design in black, brown or cream.
You can raise the More4Homes Madison Electric chair to an almost full standing position. The product comes with a 2-button remote; one button rises to an almost standing position, and the other reclines to your chosen position. It is again great for those with low mobility or on a mobility scooter, helping them to stand up and return to the chair.
This recliner will be a great addition to any home: it is finished in deluxe bonded leather upholstery and supplied in two sections for easy assembly. The surface is also wiped clean, so don’t worry too much if you spill anything on it.
- Attractive premium appearance
- Rises to an almost standing position
- Reclines to a comfortable sleeping position
- Electric functionality for minimal effort
- Easy to assemble
- Can feel a little slippery to some
- May not have enough padding in the base for some users
Beautifully well-made in various colours, the Caesar reclining heated rocking massage chair from More4Homes is a 10-in-1 chair for absolute comfort. This chair tries to do everything and does it well. The reclining action is manual through a lever on the side of the chair, and it’s straightforward to use. You can even set your chair to rock back and forth gently.
With all the features you could imagine for absolute comfort, the Caesar chair offers a unique experience for home relaxation. Just pull the lever and put your feet up while you forget about the world. The chair has an 8-point massage feature, storage pockets, drink holders and a heated seat in case you get cold.
With a traditional winged design, it looks great in any room, and it offers a practical place where you can rest your head if you need a quick nap. You can rock, swivel, nap, game, and drink as much as you like in this chair. You’ll also get bonded leather and soft padding for excellent support and comfort whilst sitting.
- Heat and massage for excellent relaxation
- Swivel and rocking functionality
- Comes with storage pockets and drink holders
- Plenty of space to stretch out and relax
- Easy to use
- Recliner may be hard to push back into place when you’re done
- The heat function on the chair doesn’t work on its own without massage
Simple but effective, the Yaheetech recliner is a single-person armchair available in a selection of five attractive colours. Suitable for living rooms, bedrooms and office spaces, this attractive recliner comes with a fully adjustable leg rest and reclining function capable of taking you all the way back into an almost horizontal position.
The easy-to-assemble recliner from Yaheetech comes in two parts, so you can slot it together in no time. The sturdy product features a strong composite wood frame, soft rayon fibres and an easy-to-clean PU coating. The chair can comfortably hold anything up to 120kg, and there are three relaxation modes to choose from depending on your needs.
The pocket-spring coil seat offers a great level of support, while high-density foam padding provides extra relaxation. The recliner also comes with a selection of four sturdy
- Protects your floor during movement
- Durable, high-quality materials throughout
- Three relaxation modes to choose from
- Easy to assemble for beginners
- Range of colour options
- It may be a little small for some users
- Can be quite narrow for larger people
A manual version of the More4Homes Madison recliner, this product boasts near perfect reviews and a low-price tag. It comes in three colours black, beige and cream, so you can match it with your current furniture or room colours. To recline, you pull a latch on the side of the chair, which releases the footrest and reclines the chair.
Attractive to look at and comfortable to use, the More4Homes Manual recliner is built to the highest standards, offering exceptional durability, strength, and comfort. This extra-padded chair provides all the comfort and support you need for a great relaxation session. There’s even additional lumbar support for people with back problems.
Though manual, the More4Homes Madison chair is easy to use. Simply flip the latch on the side of the chair, and you can lean back as far as you like. The Madison can also spin a full 360-degrees, and it’s fully fire retardant to meet UK safety regulations.
- Easy to use manual latch reclining
- Lumbar support for extra comfort
- Bonded leather with excellent materials throughout
- Meets the highest safety and performance standards
- Available in multiple colours
- May not be ideal if you need a tension-responsive chair
- Might not be suitable for elderly people
Beautifully designed to fit in a wide range of homes, no matter your interior design preferences, the More4Homes Windsor electric rise chair will help you to not only relax but get out of your chair more easily too. This electric recliner is made with bonded leather and comes with a remote control that allows you to lift yourself gently up onto your feet or relax by reclining backwards.
With a simple single-motor mechanism, this sleek bonded leather chair from More4Homes comes with a convenient 2-button remote that’s incredibly easy to use. Once you press one side of the remote, the chair will gently nudge you into an almost standing position. Press the button in the other direction, and you can recline all the way to a snooze-ready position.
Finished in beautifully soft bonded leather, the Windsor looks and feels amazing. As well as offering an attractive appearance, the sleek leather finish is also ideal for quick cleaning. All you need to do is wipe the surface if you accidentally spill anything.
- Easy to assemble with just two sections
- Soft bonded leather for extreme comfort
- Lay back or raise yourself to an almost standing position
- Attractive and sleek appearance
- Suitable for elderly people
- May feel a little narrow to some users
- Padding can feel a little sparse in some areas
Beautifully professional in appearance and ideal for all kinds of rooms around the home and office, the Julian Bowen Malmo Recliner looks and feels amazing. This high-performance chair comes with a traditional but appealing design, featuring a solid walnut-coloured base for both the chair itself and its matching footstool.
Available in both black and brown upholstered leather, the Julian Bowen Malmo Recliner delivers a great combination of comfort and support. The cushions feature high-density layers of foam to help eliminate pain and pressure points instantly. All you need to do if you want to recline is push back slightly in the chair, and the product will recline in a smooth motion.
This Julian Bowen Malmo chair also comes in a massage version, which may be ideal for those who want extra comfort when they’re working in the office. The cover is easy to care for, with a wipe-clean functionality, and the detached footstool means you don’t have to worry if your chair is too short if you have longer legs.
- Cover is durable and easy to care for
- Matching footstool for full comfort control
- Available in three colours
- Easy to put together
- Sturdy performance
- May not last as long as some more expensive recliners
- Can feel a little narrow for some users
The Morris Living Oxford recliner chair, which combines reclining comfort with riser functionality, is perfect for people who want a little bit of help getting on their feet from time to time. If you find it difficult to get up after a snooze and want more independence in your home, the Morris Living Oxford Riser can help with that. It even comes in a range of 3 colours.
The Morris Living Oxford Riser chair looks and feels well-made, with high-quality materials throughout. The product comes with an extended five-year structural warranty, so you know you’re getting a product that the designer expects to stand the test of time. You’ll also find this chair wonderfully easy to use, making it great for elderly or disabled individuals.
The Oxford Riser promises a smooth rising and reclining function with a single electric motor, no matter how often you use it. All you need to do is press one button on the included remote to put your chair into rising mode and press another to recline back into a comfortable snoozing position gradually.
- Attractive design in a range of colours
- Five-year structural warranty included
- Smooth electric rising and reclining functionality
- Easy-to-use remote control included
- Plenty of comfortable padding
- Can feel a little wobbly for some users
- It may be a little narrow for larger users
The Unionline Electric Raise Massage Recliner is full of features, and it looks fantastic too. The chair is designed to give you the ultimate experience in comfort, with two remote controls; one controls reclining if you want to relax almost in an entirely horizontal position. The same control gradually and smoothly lifts users up onto their feet, helping with low mobility. There’s also another control for massage and heat functionality.
One of the most comfortable massage recliner chairs on the market, this high-performance Unionline raise chair features a solid wooden frame and attractive PU leather on the exterior. It has four storage pockets and two cup holders, so you don’t have to worry about reaching for your drink or magazine too.
The Unionline Rise chair can massage your back, lumbar area, and legs in a variety of different modes, from pulse and press to wave. You can experiment as much as you like until you find the function that gives you the ultimate relaxation experience. Fully powered by the remote, you really don’t have to do anything to enjoy this chair other than press a couple of buttons.
- Massages and heats multiple areas
- Inclines to an almost standing position for those with low mobility
- Cup holders and multiple storage pockets
- High-quality materials
- Excellent durability
- May feel a little small for some users
- Might not be suitable for those who don’t like faux leather
Choosing the Best Recliner Chair in the UK
A comfortable recliner chair adds to comfort on a cold night. Imagine a night of bliss when you sit back on a recliner chair with your feet up and take a deep breath.
With time, recliner chairs have undergone a metamorphosis and now come equipped with new features that add to each chair’s style, comfort, and functionality.
Before buying a recliner chair, think about:
- Size: To get the right size of your chair, you need to measure the available space you have at home. The dimensions of the recliner should be lesser than the open space. There should be a distance of at least 3 feet between the wall and the chair to provide space for the backrest.
- Comfort: Comfort is of the utmost importance when selecting a recliner. The material used, the feel of the chair, the padding and cushioning, and available features all add to the sense of comfort. Remember to look at the headrest. Your head should be well supported and should rest securely on the headrest.
- Features: How do you use your recliner? Does it have a manual function or an electric remote? Are there any extra features like cup holders?
Types of Recliners
There are many types of recliner chairs, and you can choose one that suits your house, space, and comfort.
- Two Position Recliner: The recliner can be adjusted in two positions only – fully upright and wholly reclined. There is a lever that you can use to release the footrest. Your body weight helps the backrest move vertically downwards.
- Rocker or Glider: This type of chair is a little costlier than the manual one but can be adjusted in many positions. The chair has a rocking feature when it is adjusted to an upright position. Mothers with small children and people with sleeping problems, sleep apnea, and other related concerns can use this chair.
- Push Back Recliner: You can push the recliner only in the backward direction. This recliner usually does not come with a footrest.
- Power Lift or Riser Chair: The power lift/ riser chair has a lot of functionalities and is more expensive than many others. People with disabilities in movement and coordination, young adults, and senior citizens can use this chair comfortably.
- Wall-Saver or Hugger Recliner: This chair can be located at a distance of six inches from the wall. If you have a space constraint at home, you can benefit from this chair.
- Powered Recliner: Powered recliners are controlled with buttons on the side rest or armrest. A remote control is also available for adjusting the chair. Some other options available with this chair are USB outlets, heating options, and massage options.
- Massage Recliner: As the name suggests, this recliner is pre-programmed with massage options for the head, back, hips, legs, and full body.
Choosing Your Ideal Recliner
Your choice of the right recliner will depend on your unique requirements regarding comfort, style, and performance. Make sure you check all of the available options on the market before you invest in a chair that’s right for you.
Our top pick for the best recliner chair UK companies can offer is the Mandalay from the Oriental Leather Company. Sleek, attractive, and wonderfully comfortable, this chair features high-grade bonded leather, easy-to-use manual adjustments, and a beautiful matching footrest.
Rebekah is a writer who loves to explore new products and find hacks that make life easier. She has a knack for all things home improvement, health and fitness. So you’ll often find her on Pinterest or browsing Houzz for ideas.
She’s always looking for the next thing to fix up around the house or what gadget might be just right for her lifestyle. Rebekah enjoys exploring new recipes, taking care of her family, and making sure she stays healthy with regular workouts at the gym.