Last Updated on
Top 7 Best Wallpaper Strippers
- Black and Decker 2400W (Editor’s Choice)
- Wagner W16 (Luxury Choice)
- Denny International 2,200W (Best Value)
- Excel 2000W Electric Wallpaper Steamer (Best with Quick Warm-Up Time)
- Wagner 2404463 SteamForce (Best for Cool-Touch Design)
- Crystals 5-Litre Home Wallpaper Steam (Best for Large Plate)
- Oypla Professional Wallpaper Remover (Best for Removing Multiple Layers)
When it’s time to redecorate, a wallpaper remover might be the perfect appliance for getting rid of the old and leaving more opportunity for the new. Without the need for chemicals and the added benefit of saving you time, energy, and money, wallpaper strippers are a must-have for avid decorations.
We’ve searched the internet high and low and have come up with great choices for the best wallpaper stripper in the UK. These are based on warm-up time, duration of operation, cable length, ease of use, ergonomic design and much more. Continue reading today’s blog to explore our top, diverse picks designed for all home sizes.
How we Compared Wallpaper Strippers
To find the right wallpaper strippers, we considered multiple factors, including:
- Power rating
- Power source
- Hose length
- Cable length
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching wallpaper strippers and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Wallpaper Stripper Reviews
The BLACK+DECKER KX3300T is the best wallpaper stripper you can buy right now. Featuring a large steam plate, it covers a large surface area to reduce your time of removing wallpaper.
Equipped with a generous four-litre tank with a water level indicator, you’ll always be in the loop when it’s time to refill with water. You can also use this appliance for up to 60 minutes.
Best of all, you needn’t worry about this appliance overheating, as the safety release valves prevent this from happening. And the boil-dry safety cut-outs protect this wallpaper stripper from damage caused by overheating.
Unfortunately, this wallpaper stripper might be slightly heavier than other appliances. You may also need a scraper to remove paint from your walls.
- Large steam plate covers a large surface area
- Safety release valves prevent overheating
- Suitable for walls and other flat surfaces
- The water level indicator lets you know when it’s time to refill
- Generous 60-minute running time
- It might be slightly heavier than other models
- You might also need a scraper to remove paint
The Wagner is the best wallpaper stripper for a luxurious option. Let us tell you why.
This awesome wallpaper stripper removes all types of wallpaper, including multi-layered, painted and Artex. Furthermore, the four-piece steam plate removes complete wallpaper widths or narrow strips, making the task effortless.
Best of all, its 3.5-metre hose provides a large working range, making it ideal to use across several walls without constantly having to unplug and move it around.
You needn’t worry about this wallpaper stripper’s longevity since it features automatic cut-out technology to prevent overheating, ensuring that you can use it for long periods. It also offers a steam power of 60 grams per minute and a five-litre water capacity, so you can get the job done in no time.
With that being said, this product might be fairly difficult to store discreetly and tidily. Additionally, it might even be so powerful that it removes wallpaper and even some plaster from your walls.
- Suitable for removing all types of wallpaper
- Automatic cut-out prevents overheating
- The 3.5-metre hose provides a large working range
- Steam plate removes complete wallpaper widths or narrow strips
- Generous five-litre water capacity
- It might not have a tidy storage system
- It might also remove some plaster from your walls
For excellent value for money, this wallpaper stripper features a maximum five-litre boiler capacity and a 70-minute steam time. It also boasts an input power of 1,850–2,200 watts.
Thanks to the unit’s easy-grip handle, removing wallpaper from your walls is effortless and quick. It also comes with an overheat protection feature to prevent seizing to work during use and ensure long-lasting. And, when you’ve finished the task at home, storing this wallpaper stripper is easy due to its small footprint. It’s also lightweight, and ideal for moving around the home—especially if you don’t have much strength.
On the other hand, the three-metre black tube length on this wallpaper stripper might not be long enough for some homes. In addition, it might take longer to heat up than other wallpaper strippers on this list.
- Easy-grip handle for excellent usability
- Generous 70-minute steam time
- Five-litre boiler capacity is more than enough for the average user
- Easy to store due to its small footprint
- Three-metre tube length might be too short for some people
- Water might take longer to heat up than other wallpaper strippers on this list
The next on our list is the Excel 2000W Electric Wallpaper Steamer.
This wallpaper steamer features a three-metre hose, ideal for working within a large range. It also includes a water tank with a 4.5-litre capacity, which you can operate for up to 70 minutes without needing to refill. It only takes 10 minutes to warm up completely, making it efficient for busy individuals.
Most impressively, it delivers 2,000 watts of power, which is more than enough for removing multiple layers of wallpaper, including multi-layered and Artex. You also don’t need to worry about overheating since it remains at the same temperature throughout the operation.
However, the handle on this wallpaper steamer might be as ergonomic as others on this list. Plus, the steam plate might be slightly too small for some people’s homes.
- Operates for up to 70 minutes at a time
- 4.5-litre tank is a suitable capacity for most homes
- Delivers 2,000 watts of per for removing multiple layers of wallpaper
- Suitable for using on multi-layered and Artex wallpaper
- Remains at the same temperature to prevent overheating
- The handle might not be as ergonomic as others on this list
- The steam plate might be slightly too small for some people
Offering around a 12-minute warm-up time, this wallpaper stripper gets the job done in no time. This is why we think this is a good choice for the best wallpaper stripper in the UK.
In addition, it offers a four-litre water capacity, ensuring that you don’t have to refill the tank constantly. Best of all, it provides 70 minutes of continuous use so that you can strip wallpaper off of several walls.
With a large steam plate (280 x 200 mm), it’s large enough to remove thick streams of wallpaper at a time to get the job done quicker. You’ll also get peace of mind that this wallpaper stripper is safe to use around pets and children, thanks to its cool-touch design that reduces the surface’s temperature.
The best part about this product is that it effortlessly removes wallpaper without you having to apply much force against your walls. Allow the steam plate to put in all of the hard work for you.
It’s worth noting that this product might require descaling to remove any limescale build-up. You might also encounter that the hose feels slightly flimsy.
- It only takes around 12 minutes to completely warm-up
- A four-litre water tank prevents you from having to stop to refill the tank constantly
- Offers 70 minutes of continuous use
- 280 x 200 mm large steam plate for excellent efficiency
- Cool-touch design reduces the surface’s temperature
- It might require descaling to remove any limescale build-up
- The hose might be slightly flimsy
Remove wallpaper the easy way with the Crystals 5-Litre Home Wallpaper Steam!
Featuring a 28 x 20 cm steam plate, it’s the ideal wallpaper stripper for removing large quantities of wallpaper at one time. In just one step, it removes wallpaper effortlessly, thanks to its 2,200 watts of steam power.
Furthermore, this product boasts a lightweight design with an easy-grip handle, making it convenient to carry around a room and suitable for those with minimal strength.
It offers a 70-minute operation time thanks to its generous five-litre water capacity. As a result, you don’t need to constantly refill the tank with water, making it ideal for larger rooms. All the while, it protects against overheating to make it durable and long-lasting.
However, the three-metre cable length might not be long enough for some people. Also, it might not reach as high a temperature as other wallpaper strippers on this list.
- The steam plate offers generous coverage for quick and efficient wallpaper removal
- Delivers 2,200 watts of steam power
- Easy-grip handle and lightweight design
- Generous five-litre water capacity
- Operates for up to 70 minutes at a time
- Three-metre cable might not be long enough for some people
- It might not reach as high a temperature compared to other wallpaper strippers
Finally, we have the Oypla Professional Wallpaper Remover. This wallpaper stripper might be everything you’re looking for.
It takes the hassle out of removing wallpaper and can remove multiple layers of paper at one time. Offering a high-capacity, 4.5-litre water tank, it can function for up to 70 minutes without you needing to refill it with water.
This wallpaper remover ensures even steam release at a constant temperature while avoiding overheating to improve your efficiency and performance. It also won’t release any steam until it’s pressed against a surface. Furthermore, it also sports a three-metre hose, making it comfortable and ideal to use for hard-to-reach places.
Unfortunately, this product’s water tank might have a slightly small opening, making it slightly time-consuming to fill up with water initially. Additionally, the hose might be prone to tangles, so you may need to pause to remove any tangles.
- Removes several layers of paper at once
- Operates for up to 70 minutes at a time
- Includes a generous 4.5-litre water tank
- Has technology that prevents it from overheating
- Provides an even steam release to remove all wallpaper presence
- The water opening might be slightly small, making it take longer to fill up with water
- The hose might be prone to tangles
The Winning Wallpaper Stripper
For the ultimate best wallpaper stripper, we recommend the Black and Decker 2400W Wallpaper Stripper. We believe this is the best wallpaper stripper in the UK because it delivers quick and easy wallpaper removal from walls and other flat surfaces. Best of all, thanks to its large steam plate, it covers a large area to reduce time.
This BLACK+DECKER unit operates for up to 60 minutes at a time, which is all thanks to its large four-litre tank. And while it continues to power through your wallpaper, you don’t need to worry that it’ll cut out since it’s protected against overheating. Remember, it is equally important that you can put up wallpaper effectively and remove it.
Do you have any additional wallpaper removers that you’d like to share? Let us know the brand and model in the comments.
Amy is a U.K.-based writer and editor with a penchant for helping consumers find the best home products for their needs, as well as providing easily digestible guides for living better at home. Her dedication to her work means she can usually be found elbow-deep in research or hunting down samples of the latest and greatest on behalf of her readers.
An avid DIYer herself, Amy’s passion lies in teaching others how they too can achieve their dream homes by tackling some of those pesky projects themselves! Whether it’s building furniture from scratch or turning an old dresser into a coffee table, Amy is always happy to share what she knows about making your house feel like home without spending a fortune.