Last Updated on
Top 7 Best Electric Carving Knives
- Wahl James Martin Electric Knife (Editor’s Choice)
- VonShef 150V Electric Knife (Luxury Choice)
- Russell Hobbs Electric Carving Knife (Best Value)
- Kenwood KN650 Electronic Knife
- Tower T19028 Electric Knife
- Quest 35059 Electric Serrated Carving Knife
- Judge JEA76 Electric Carving Knife
The electric carving knife has become a must-have kitchen tool thanks to its usefulness and utility. In addition to being utilised in professional kitchens and by home cooks, it is also becoming more and more popular among campers, hunters, and fishermen for outdoor use. An electric carving knife features serrated blades with a motor-powered handle to move blades for clean and easy cutting.
If you struggle to slice tough meat like turkey and beef roasts, an electric knife is a powerful yet handy kitchen gadget that makes your cutting work easier. This great carving device allows you to present perfectly sliced and chopped fruits or vegetables in front of your family and friends.
Are you having difficulty cutting heavy bread loaves or fish slices? An electric knife is the best solution for you. Just plug the knife into your kitchen socket or wirelessly with batteries to make your meal preparations faster. Some knives come with removable blades for easy cleaning.
Since there are many electric kitchen knife models on the market, but there are some factors to think about before choosing the best one. For versatility, look for a knife with more than one blade or blade kit to cut everything from hard turkey to soft sandwich bread slices. Also, the most durable material for the blade is stainless steel, as it is tough and doesn’t rust.
Next, removable blades are a better option to keep them clean and free from bacteria. It is advisable to buy a knife that comes with a storage case or block for long-lasting blades. Also, the handle should have an ergonomic design for stability and comfort. Moreover, having a good grip on the handle is important for safety and balance. Lastly, to get efficient, professional cutting performance, ensure no vigorous vibrations in the knife handle. To ensure you go with the right tool, below is a list of the best electric carving knife in the UK.
How We Compared Electric Carving Knives
To find the right electric carving knives, we considered multiple factors, including:
- Ease of use
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching electric carving knives and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Electric Carving Knife Reviews
If you want a quality electric carving knife endorsed by a renowned chef, the Wahl James Martin Electric Knife is a great option. It has an ergonomic design, a powerful motor, and two sets of blades for different types of food.
As the best carving knife in the UK, this Wahl product has a stylish grey/dark grey body and a comfortable handle. It looks great, but it is also functional.
For example, the serrated stainless steel blades have a grip at the bottom, so you don’t have to touch the metal when removing them. Also, the handle has a rubber grip that gives you extra stability when tackling meat joints.
It also has two different blade sets – a standard blade for general carving and a coarse blade that is better for cutting frozen foods.
Meanwhile, some find the handle is too small. Also, the blades could be tricky to reattach after cleaning.
- Features both standard and coarse blades
- It has a simple safety mechanism for safe blade removal
- Rubberised handle that is comfortable to hold
- It has a strong 150W motor that is perfect for cutting meat joints
- The blades also have grips to help remove
- Some may find the handle too small
- You may find the blades are difficult to re-insert
- Occasionally there could be a slight burning smell when cutting
The VonShef 150V Electric Knife has a unique design and a range of features that make it easy to use, such as blade grips for safe blade removal.
Unlike most models, the VonShef 150V Electric Knife has a large, ergonomic handle that is not enclosed. The handle also has a ridged grip that offers extra stability. Also, the large power switch is located at the end of the handle for easy one-handed operation.
We also like that this knife comes with two dishwasher-safe blades – a heavy-duty blade for cooked or raw meats and a lighter blade suitable for fruits, bread, and vegetables.
This electric carving knife also has a quiet operation and a dual safety switch.
This is a great electric knife, but some may feel that the blades are too short to tackle larger meat joints. Also, the power cable is quite short, which means you have to be near a power outlet to use it, and the handle has an unusual design which some may not like.
- It has both a general blade and a special meat blade
- It can eject the blades via a single button
- Includes a carry case and two sets of blades
- It has a dual safety switch to prevent accidents
- 150W motor that offers a quiet operation
- Some may find that the blades are too short for larger meat joints
- You may feel that the power cable is too short
- Some people may not like the style of the handle
The Russell Hobbs Electric Carving Knife has a traditional design with an ergonomic handle and gives a no-fuss approach to meat carving.
This Russell Hobbs electric cutting knife has a power cord that can easily be wrapped around the knife body for simple storage. Also, it has an ergonomic handle and curved design that make it safe to hold.
The blades have a grip near the base of the body that makes them safe to detach without the chance of cutting your fingers. Also, they are made from durable stainless steel and have serrated teeth for cutting meat joints.
The blade release button is located a little lower than the power button, but it is still easy to access, and you should be able to detach and reattach the blades comfortably.
This Russell Hobbs knife is a suitable choice, but it is one of the noisier models available. Secondly, the power cable is quite short and some may find that the blades are quite flexible when tackling thicker meat.
- It has a decent 120W motor for easy cutting
- The power cord is easy to wrap for storage
- It also has a curved handle and ergonomic button placement
- Simple one-touch, thumb-tip power button
- The blades are serrated and easy to detach
- This electric carving knife might be relatively noisy
- The power cable could be much longer
- You could find that the blades are too flexible
If you want to use your electric carving knife for more than cutting meat, you will benefit from the Kenwood KN650 electronic knife’s frozen food blades, which can tackle things like vegetables.
This Kenwood electric carving knife has a standard stainless steel blade and a stainless steel frozen food blade to cut both fresh and frozen foods. Both of the blades are high-quality and durable.
The body has a large encased handle for operation, and the power switch is located at the top of this. It also has a traditional blade ejection switch that is directly beneath the power button.
The on/off switch position should also mean that you do not accidentally switch it on or detach the blades whilst in operation.
Although this is a quality electric carving knife, you may find the outer plastic casing is flimsy. Also, the blades may struggle to cut through thick, crusty bread, and the power cord could certainly be longer.
- Includes both stainless steel and freezer blades
- Simple on/off switch with an ergonomic positioning
- The design of the handle makes it safe to use
- Should easily cut joints, poultry, and frozen foods
- The stainless steel blades are serrated for better cutting efficiency
- The plastic casing could be a little flimsy
- It may have a short power cable which could make it difficult to use
- This carving knife may struggle to cut thick bread
The Tower T19028 Electric Knife has a modern design with a slimline handle and chassis; it is also easy to store due to the stylish storage case that it comes with.
This carving knife has a sleek black body that does not have a traditional rounded handle. Regardless, it should still be comfortable to hold. Also, the power switch is located at the top of the handle for safety and ease of use.
This set also comes with two different types of blades – both of which have serrated edges. For easy storage, there is also a handy carry case, and you also get a meat fork to easily hold the meat and remove slices once you have cut them.
This is a decent carving knife, but the power cable is short, and thus you may have limited space to work with. Also, the blades could be difficult to re-insert, and this is not one of the lightest carving knives available.
- 120W motor to tackle tough cuts and joints of meat
- The blades are stainless steel and easy to clean
- Has a one-touch operation for minimum effort use
- It also has a long, slim design that is comfortable to hold
- Includes a quality storage case
- You may find that the power cable is too short
- The blades could be tricky to re-insert into the knife chassis
- Some may feel that this electric carving knife is too heavy
If you regularly cook large meat joints for family meals, the Quest 35059 Electric Serrated Carving Knife is a great option as it has longer serrated blades and a powerful motor.
The Quest 35059 has a rounded body with a large handle and grip. The power button is positioned at the top of the handle so you can easily press it with your thumb. Beneath this is the ejection button for the serrated blades.
The blades are made from high-quality and long-lasting stainless steel. As the blades are serrated, they should also be suitable for cutting meat joints. The 120W motor complements this.
Despite the motor’s power, this electric carving knife also has a relatively quiet operation and a decent-length power cord.
We like this Quest serrated carving knife, but initially, the power button may be a little stiff. Also, this is not the lightest of carving knives, and it does not come with any spare blades.
- It has a high-quality detachable stainless steel blade
- The blade can be released using a single button
- Powerful 120W motor that can easily carve meat and bread
- Has a safety switch for additional safety measures
- Comfortable curved handle for easy handling
- The power button could initially be a little stiff
- Some may find this electric carving knife heavy to hold
- It may not have any spare blades
For simplicity and an easy meat carving experience, the Judge JEA76 Electric Carving Knife is a good option. It has an ergonomic design, a simple one-press power switch, and dishwasher-safe blades.
This electric carving knife has a traditional design with a white plastic body and a curved handle. The handle should be large enough for anyone to comfortably hold. Also, the power button and blade-release button are positioned for easy access.
The blades are removable and can easily be cleaned via a dishwasher. They also have serrated edges, which improve their cutting efficiency through thicker meats and bread. You should find the cutting action smooth, and due to the design, you should be able to cut through meat with a high degree of precision.
This is an excellent electric knife, but you could sometimes notice a strange smell from the motor. Also, the power cable should be much longer for convenient use, and over time, some people have reported the motor has eventually stopped working.
- Ergonomic grip and button placement
- The ejector button makes the blades easy to remove
- Precise cutting, even for thin slices of meat
- Simple to operate
- The removable blades are dishwasher-safe
- Some may find that the power cable is too short
- You may occasionally notice a strange smell from the motor
- You might find that the motor eventually stops working
Cut Easy and Safely With the Best Carving Knife
Any one of these electric carving knives would make a suitable option to cut your Sunday roast joint! However, our pick for the best electric carving knife in the UK is the Wahl James Martin Electric Knife. This versatile carving knife has some excellent features that make it easy and safe to use.
The ergonomic design and rubberised grip make it comfortable and safe to hold, while the two sets of stainless steel blades mean you can easily tackle different types of food. This is all complemented by the powerful 150W electric motor and a stylish grey body that is relatively lightweight.
Paul is the type of person who never met a problem he couldn’t fix. He can always be found tinkering with something in his house, even if it isn’t broken! His tips and tricks are often shared on our site. He’s the one you call when something breaks because he has been known to improvise fixes for everything from leaky faucets to malfunctioning dryers.